Senior Scrum Master (m/f/d)
As a Senior Scrum Master (m/f/d) you’ll be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. You’ll develop and lead high-performing, multi-discipline team, instilling in them a clear vision and a passionate drive. You’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. The role also involves working closely with the product owner to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers. In this environment, you are responsible for keeping the project moving forward. You facilitate the team’s daily standup meeting each morning. You also act as a buffer between the scrum team and product owner and maintain a positive working environment for the team by helping with conflict resolution.
Specifically, this means:
- Manage project scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Be the point of contact for external communications
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests; Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively and helping the team agree on what they can achieve during each development sprint
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
As a Senior Scrum Master (m/f/d) you should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (occasionally facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and your’re invested in Agile frameworks, we’d like to meet you.
As an experienced Senior Scrum Master (m/f/d), you bring the following into our team:
- Experience in a scrum master role for a software development team
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- A can-do attitude, result driven and openness to learning.
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Openness to new ideas and a desire to develop them together.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Scrum master certification
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Basic IT and software development skills are a plus
What we offer
As a Senior Scrum Master (m/f/d), you obviously want a flexible workplace in which you can do your job without unnecessary restrictions or oversight. You can set your own work hours, because we believe in trust over supervision. Whenever you work at the office, you will find a high-quality office setup where you can work with the technology setup you selected for yourself. You can help yourself to unlimited ice-cream, soft drinks and coffee. At lunch you can wander to local cafes or stay in the office to enjoy the catered lunch.
Because we have flat hierarchies and a quick decision-making process, you have the opportunity to really have an impact while enjoying the flexibility to work from your home-office anytime your work allows it. To get your work done you can rely on the engaged and flexible team around you, who are always there to jump in and lend a hand.
This job is in Berlin, Germany. You need a valid working permit for the European Union and be able to work on-site in order to be considered. Unfortunately, we can’t assist you in getting a working permit or in finding accommodation for the time being.
employees and specialists
years of industry experience