Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
As a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) you are entrusted with responsibility for the achievement of the goals of our customers. You are responsible for the design and backend development of innovative websites and software applications which often revolve around B2B and B2C Web shops for demanding customers.
As a Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d), you work with an agile team to build applications for our customers. One of your main functions is to design and develop the data structure and business logic of a B2B portal or Web shops. You work closely with the Frontend developers to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. To make this possible, you develop logic and service layers and extend or create backend APIs. This consist of databases, connections as well as integrations of external systems. This is how we optimize and improve customer experience.
Another part of your daily work is to discuss new features with the scrum team and the customer. There your role is to council everyone on the best back-end approach while getting a better understanding of the product yourself through the input of other disciplines. You actively develop features with the full depth of your skillset, and you test code before you start a deployment.
Specifically, this means:
- Needs analysis, conception, development, implementation and maintenance of the backend
- Development and integration of business logic and features
- Bug fixing and maintenance code
- Test procedures and continuation of documentation
- Supporting other developers and working with them as an agile team
- Constant optimization of platform architecture and ERP solutions
- Documentation of new concepts and programs in understandable, user-friendly TSD
- Programming of project-related software and correction of program errors
- Automating routine tasks
- Good understanding of the analysis of business processes and procedures
- Ability to help in structuring teams and bringing an agile spirit into the team
- Mentoring of Junior Developers
As an experienced Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d), you bring the following into our team:
- You know how to work with ticket managing tools like Jira, documenting in Confluence and version control systems like git.
- A good logical structure of your code with inline comments so that the code is clear and transferable to other developers
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented programming languages like Apex, Java or PHP
- Analytic capability of thinking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a well-developed meeting etiquette
- You are organized, structured, a team player and you are able to organize a team
- You enjoy working in agile teams and you are able to build up new teams without “being the boss”
- You strive to keep your knowledge up to date and use best practices
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to respond effectively to changing needs of different customers (knowledge of JIRA)
- You also have organizational skills, friends in creative development and openness to new things
Ideally, you also have the following skills:
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce DX
- Knowledge about databases like MySQL or CouchDB
- Knowledge about Backbone.js and Vue.js, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CI and Copado
What we offer
As a Senior Backend Developer, you obviously want a flexible workplace in which you can do your job without unnecessary restrictions or oversight. You can set your own work hours, because we believe in trust over supervision. Whenever you work at the office, you will find a high-quality office setup where you can work with the technology setup you selected for yourself. You can help yourself to unlimited ice-cream, soft drinks and coffee. At lunch you can wander to local cafes or stay in the office to enjoy the catered lunch.
Because we have flat hierarchies and a quick decision-making process, you have the opportunity to really have an impact while enjoying the flexibility to work from your home-office anytime your work allows it. To get your work done you can rely on the engaged and flexible team around you, who are always there to jump in and lend a hand.
This job is in Berlin, Germany. You need a valid working permit for the European Union and be able to work on-site in order to be considered. Unfortunately, we can’t assist you in getting a working permit or in finding accommodation for the time being.
employees and specialists
years of industry experience