Backend Developer (m/f/d)
As a backend developer (m/f/d) you are entrusted with responsibility for the achievement of the goals of our customers. You are responsible for the design and backend development of innovative websites and software applications, for demanding customers. Backend developer (m/f/d) are busy with additions, extensions and constant changes of the digital processes.
As a backend developer, you work with an agile team to build applications for our customers. Your main function is to properly retrieve data, or other services requested by the front-end, and return the appropriate result. To make this possible, you design, maintain and extend the backend, which consists of databases, connections and integrations of external systems. In addition, you are responsible for the installation of additional elements and features, the creation and extension of thorough documentation and the execution of various tests to ensure the error-free operation. Through valuable and actionable suggestions, you contribute to optimizing the customer experience.
Specifically, this means:
- Needs analysis, development, conception, implementation and maintenance of the backend
- Implementation and programming of applications
- Test procedures and continuation of documentation
- Supporting other developers and working with the front-end team
- Integration of elements and features
- Constant optimization of internal systems and EDP solutions
- Documentation of new concepts and programs in understandable, user-friendly form
- Error analysis and error correction
- Programming of project-related software and correction of program errors
- Carrying out systematic development of central IT applications and automating routine tasks
- Conducting tests and testing of all active systems and components
- Analysis of processes and procedures
As an experienced developer, you bring the following into our team:
- Good HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- A logical structure of your code that you may document so that the code is clear and transferable to other developers
- Server-side programming languages like PHP or ideally Apex
- Analytic capability of thinking
- Basic graphic design and related tools are a clear advantage
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Independent way of working. You are organized, structured and exactly in relation to your work with us
- You strive to keep your knowledge up to date
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to respond effectively to changing needs of different stakeholders
- You also have organizational skills, friends in creative development and openness to new things
Ideally, you also have the following skills:
- Salesforce experience
- Jira, Confluence and GIT
- Experience with databases like MySQL or CouchDB
What we offer
As a Backend Developer (m/f/d), you obviously want a flexible workplace in which you can do your job without unnecessary restrictions or oversight. You can set your own work hours, because we believe in trust over supervision. Whenever you work at the office, you will find a high-quality office setup where you can work with the technology setup you selected for yourself. You can help yourself to unlimited ice-cream, soft drinks and coffee. At lunch you can wander to local cafes or stay in and enjoy the lunch provided by our company chef.
Because we have flat hierarchies and a quick decision-making process, you have the opportunity to really have an impact while enjoying the flexibility to work from your home-office anytime your work allows it. To get your work done you can rely on the engaged and flexible team around you, who are always there to jump in and lend a hand.
This job is in Berlin, Germany. You need a valid working permit for the European Union and be able to work on-site in order to be considered. Unfortunately, we can’t assist you in getting a working permit or in finding accommodation for the time being.
employees and specialists
years of industry experience